Amaranth ‘Green Tails’, Amaranthus caudatus, 100 seeds avg.
Trailing amaranth with bright, cascading lime green tassels. Striking in arrangements. Excellent for fresh or dried use.
- A warm-season tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Lightly cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 2-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 12” apart in the garden.
- Grows to 48-60” tall. Pinch when 12" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 65-75 days to bloom.
- Harvest when ½ to ¾ of the flowers on tassels are open.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.
- Stand upright to dry.