Basil ‘Genoveser’, Ocimum basilicum, 100 seeds avg.
An improved strain of Genovese basil. Large leaves with classic basil flavor on highly uniform plants. Open-pollinated.
- A warm-season annual herb that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or sow seeds directly in the garden.
- Sow seeds ¼” deep and cover with soil.
- Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 4-8” apart in rows 18” apart.
- Plant grows to 24-30” tall.
- 68 days to maturity from seeding date.
- Harvest early in the morning when temperatures are cooler to help prevent wilting.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem to encourage regrowth.
- Harvest stems prior to flowering. Sow successions every 2 weeks for a steady supply.