Celosia, Plume, Celway Lemon, Celosia spicata, 25 seeds avg.
Masses of feathery plumes in shades of pale to rich lemon yellow. A real workhorse of the summer cutting garden.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and once soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing plants 8-12" apart. Do not cover seed with soil; allow
5-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 36” tall.
- Pinch when 10" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant. 90-95 days to bloom.
- Harvest flowers when mature for fresh bouquets.
- Cut to harvest at the base of the stem.