Celosia, Plume, Celway White, Celosia spicata, 25 seeds avg
Masses of feathery plumes in shades of white to pale lime. A real workhorse of the summer cutting garden.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and once soil has warmed. Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing plants 8-12" apart.
- Do not cover seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 36” tall. Pinch when 10" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 90-95 days to bloom.
- Harvest flowers when mature for fresh bouquets.
- Cut to harvest at the base of the stem.
Melinda (verified owner) –
Mississippi, United States
Anna Gadd (verified owner) –
Pennsylvania, United States
I think this will be easier to use in a bouquet than the cockscomb was.
Kelsey Clarke (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States