Pincushion Flower 'Scabiosa - Ping Pong', Scabiosa stellata - 50 seeds avg.
Cream and pale blue flowers followed by the most amazing seed heads. This little flower produces lots of blooms.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden
- Space 12" apart
- Cover seed lightly
- Allow 14-21 days to germinate
- Ht. 24"-36"
- Winter hardy in zone 7 and south.
Keep the Blooms coming:
- Most often used in the seed head stage for fresh and dried use.
- Harvest the stems at ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.