Pincushion, White, Scabiosa atropurpurea, 50 seeds avg.
The button-like bud colors up before it begins to bloom, making it a long-lasting contributor to the garden and in bouquets.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed with soil; allow 14-21 days to germinate.
- Space 12" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 24"-36".
- Winter hardy in zone 7 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- Harvest when the first 1/3 of tiny flowers are open.
Catherine K. (verified owner) –
Utah, United States