Bells of Ireland, Moluccella laevis - 50 or 200 seeds avg.
An upright, branching green flower with bells running up the stem.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Planting seeds directly in the garden is preferred.
- Do not cover seed; allow 14-21 days to germinate.
- Place packet in the freezer for 2 weeks prior to planting then soak seeds for up to 5 days in water before planting.
- Thin seedlings once 5" tall to 9" apart in the garden.
- 24"-36" tall.
- Winter hardy in zone 7 and south.
Keep the Blooms coming:
- Make the cut at almost ground level, just above the lowest two side shoots.
- Harvest as a fresh-cut flower at any time.
Sherl Klopfenstein (verified owner) –
Indiana, United States
Vikki Brandstetter (verified owner) –
North Carolina, United States
Rachel T. (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States
Marjory Seiferd (verified owner) –
Illinois, United States