Sunflower ‘Double Sunking’, Helianthus - 50 seeds avg
Large, fluffy, fully double golden yellow blooms on tall, strong stems. Stunning in the garden and in bouquets.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun. Plant after danger of frost and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 6-12” apart in the garden, grows to 60” tall.
- 6" spacing produces single stems with a few side buds right on the stem.
- Planted at 12" spacing and pinched, the plants will branch.
- 90-100 days to bloom.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Harvest the bloom just as it begins to crack open.
- It will continue to open indoors free from pests and the drying sun.