Sunflower 'Premier Orange', Helianthus annuus F1 - 50 seeds avg
Pollen-free and extremely early to bloom with golden orange petals and dark disks, Premier Orange is a wonderful addition to the garden and in bouquets.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 6-12” apart in the garden, grows to 28-36” tall.
- 40-50 days to bloom.
- Harvest the bloom just as it begins to crack open. It will continue to open indoors free from pests and the drying sun.
- Leave the bloom in the garden to develop seeds for the birds.
Tina Hodges (verified owner) –
Montana, United States
I bought this variety to try it out because of the very short day to harvest, due to my growing zone. Germination was a little slow but they’re still trying. I’ll be experimenting with this variety more in hopes it will work for me towards the end of my season. Looking forward to seeing them bloom soon.