Celosia, Cockscomb, Act Verda Green, Celosia cristata, 25 seeds avg.
Bright green combs borne on sturdy stems. Intense green color adds a freshness to bouquets. Thrives in hot and dry conditions. Single-stem variety.
- A warm-season tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost has passed and once soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date, spacing transplants 6-12" apart.
- Do not cover seed with soil. Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 48” tall.
- Do not pinch.
- 90-120 days to bloom.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Harvest blooms when mature for fresh or dried use.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.
- Hang to dry.