Celosia, Cockscomb ‘Kurume™ Corona’, Celosia argentea cristata, 50 seeds avg.
Red and yellow bicolor combs borne on long, sturdy stems. Thrives in hot and dry conditions.
- A warm-season tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Do not cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 6-12” apart in the garden.
- Grows to 48” tall.
- Pinch when 10" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 90-120 days to bloom.
- Harvest the flowers when mature for fresh or dried use.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.
- Hang to dry.