Celosia, ‘Cockscomb Rose’, Celosia cristata – 50 seeds avg.
Cockscomb heads resemble sea coral. Performs well in hot and dry conditions.
- Full sun.
- 36″ H.
- Summer annual.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Plant in the garden after last danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm, typically a couple of weeks after the last frost date.
- Do not cover seed; 5-10 days to germinate.
- Pinch plants to two sets of leaves when 10″ tall to encourage branching.
- 90-120 days to bloom.
- Great cuts, attract butterflies and beneficial insects, drought-tolerant.
- Harvest flowers when the head is at desired size but before starting to develop seeds.
- Make the harvest cut at the base of the stem.
- May hang to dry.
nim ingersoll (verified owner) –
Gail M. (verified owner) –
Dottie J. (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States
Lyndi Smith-Graham (verified owner) –
Oregon, United States