Grass, Lowlander, Setaria italica, 100 seeds avg.
Long, slender purple-bronze seed heads and bright green foliage. This compact plant performs well in containers.
- A tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost has passed and once the soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Cover seed with 1/8" of soil, allowing 7-14 days to germinate.
- Space plants 4-6" apart in the garden.
- Grows an average of 36” tall.
- 60-70 days to maturity.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Makes an excellent fresh or dried cut flower.
- Harvest when fully developed.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem to encourage regrowth.
Clarence Clark (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States
See first comment