Pincushion Flower 'Scabiosa - Black Knight', Scabiosa atropurpurea - 50 seeds avg.
The button-like bud colors up before it begins to bloom, making it a long-lasting contributor to the garden and in bouquets.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed; allow 14-21 days to germinate.
- Space 12" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 24"-36".
- Winter hardy in zone 7 and south.
Kim Davy (verified owner) –
I had really poor germination with these. only 3 of 25 – and only two survived from there. How sad. I may try Black Beauty to replace for that nearly black color.
Layne Angelo (store manager) –
So sorry to hear about the poor germination you experienced, Kim! We would love the opportunity to learn more about your seed starting setup and offer you some tips and tricks for starting scabiosa seeds. You can reach us by emailing [email protected] or by calling our office Monday through Thursday (8am to 4pm) at 1-888-977-7159. Meanwhile, we will be sending you a replacement for these seeds. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, and happy growing!
Sheri Hovey (verified owner) –
North Carolina, United States