Pincushion, Fata Morgana, Scabiosa atropurpurea, 50 seeds avg.
The button-like bud colors up before it begins to bloom, making it a long-lasting contributor to the garden and in bouquets.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed with soil; allow 14-21 days to germinate.
- Space 12" apart in the garden. Ht. 24"-36".
- Winter hardy in zone 7 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- Harvest when the first 1/3 of tiny flowers are open.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Will plant in the spring!
Marla Jones (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States
Just got the seeds started. Looking for forward to gorgeous blooms.