Zinnia, Giant Cactus 'Inca Orange', Zinnia elegans, 50 seeds avg
Gorgeous cut flower! The Inca Orange Zinnia has large cactus-form flowers with long, spidery petals, brilliant intense orange, double petal rows.
Be sure to read ‘Growing Great Zinnias’ by Lisa Mason Ziegler.
- Full sun
- 30-36" H
- Summer Annual
- Start seeds indoors to transplant to the garden when 2-3 weeks old or plant seeds directly in the garden after last danger of frost and the soil has begun to warm, typically a couple of weeks after the last frost date.
- Pinch plants at 12” for branching and space plants 6-9” apart.
- Cover seed 3-5 days to germinate
- Pinch plants to two sets of leaves when 12" tall to encourage branching
- Harvest the blooms when fully mature.
- Make the first harvest cut above the bottom two side shoots, this establishes a branching habit for the season.
- Make future cuts at the base of the stem.