Tomato, Slicing ‘Cherokee Purple’, Solanum lycopersicum, 25 seeds avg.
Heirloom slicing variety with full, rich flavor and a striking purple-pink color. Indeterminate. Open-pollinated.
- A warm-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds indoors 5-6 weeks before planting date.
- Sow seeds ¼” deep and cover with soil.
- Allow 5-7 days to germinate.
- Space plants 24-36” apart in rows 4-6’ apart.
- Indeterminate (climbing) tomatoes should be staked, caged, or trellised and pruned for optimal results.
- 72 days to maturity from transplant date, continuing to fruit throughout the season.
Harvesting Tips: Harvest fruit at full color to enjoy immediately at peak ripeness or once it breaks color to finish ripening post-harvest.