This episode features a takeover of our popular weekly live Q&A session on Instagram, called Ask a Flower Farmer. This one was guest hosted by Dave Dowling of Ball/ColorLink. Dave is also a former flower farmer and the instructor for our online course: Flower Farming School Online: Bulbs, Perennials, Woodies, and More. Dave has such a wealth of knowledge to share! He answers questions about many different flowers, including ranunculus, sunflowers, clarkia, celosia, peonies, amaranth, and tulips.
Other topics mentioned:
- High Tunnel Growing Tips, privacy Screen Trees
- Cooler Storage of Ranunculus, Sunflowers, Lilies
- Harvesting of Sweet William, Clarkia, Ranunculus
- Seedling Care for Celosia, Amaranth
- Seedling Care under Grow Lights
- Fertilizing Ranunculus
- Tulip Growing/Tulip Fire
- Tree Peonies
- Icelandic Poppy Germination
- Peony Disbudding
- Planting Gladiolus over Daffodils
- Butterfly Ranunculus
- Mother’s Day Prep & Organization
- Scouting for Thrips, Aphids, and Tarnish Plant Bugs
Dave’s Online Course: Flower Farming School Online: Bulbs, Perennials, Woodies, and More!
The Field and Garden Podcast is produced by Lisa Mason Ziegler, award-winning author of Vegetables Love Flowers and Cool Flowers, owner of The Gardener’s Workshop, Flower Farming School Online, and the publisher of Farmer-Florist School Online and Florist School Online. Watch Lisa’s Story and connect with Lisa on social media!