Black-Eyed Susan, Denver Daisy, Rudbeckia hirta, 25 seeds avg.
A gigantic 4-7” bicolor bloom that is long-lasting.
A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing 12" apart.
- Do not cover seed with soil; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows to 24-32" tall.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
- Rudbeckia stems grow from a cluster at the base of the plant.
- To encourage more stems to develop, make harvest cuts at the base, two to three inches above ground level.
- For the brightest and freshest cut flowers, harvest just after petals have unfolded.