Celosia, Plume, Celway Salmon, Celosia spicata - 25 seeds avg
Masses of feathery plumes in shades of salmon and coral. A real workhorse of the summer cutting garden.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and once soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing plants 8-12" apart.
- Do not cover seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 36” tall. Pinch when 10" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant. 90-95 days to bloom.
- Harvest flowers when mature for fresh bouquets.
- Cut to harvest at the base of the stem.
Cynthia Aubermann (verified owner) –
Michigan, United States
Clarence Clark (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States
See first comment
Jodie Morrison (verified owner) –
California, United States
Cissy M. (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States