Grass, Green Drops, Panicum violaceum, 100 seeds avg.
Beautiful pendulous tassels of bright green age to autumnal shades of red, purple, and gold.
- A tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost has passed and once the soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Cover seed with 1/8" of soil, allowing 7-14 days to germinate.
- Space plants 4-6" apart in the garden.
- Grows an average of 36-48" tall.
- 65-75 days to maturity.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Makes an excellent fresh or dried cut flower.
- Harvest stage depends on tassel color desired.
- May be harvested when seed heads are green or when they have changed color.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem to encourage regrowth.
Kristen Rubin (verified owner) –
Washington, United States
Barbara Cotton (verified owner) –
New Jersey, United States