Bachelor Buttons Blue Boy, Centaurea - 100 or 400 seeds avg.
One of the earliest flowers to bloom in our garden.
- Cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Planting seeds directly in the garden is preferred.
- Cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Thin seedlings once 5" tall to 9" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 24"-36".
- Winter hardy in zone 6 and south.
- Make the first cut of the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three leaves.
- Future cuts to be made at stem base being harvested.
- Harvest as bloom cracks open.
- Leave a few flower heads on the plants in the garden to encourage reseeding.
v r (verified owner) –
Washington, United States
Kelli (verified owner) –