- Additional information
- Reviews ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (0)
- Product Videos <i class="fas fa-play-circle"></i>
Basil, Cinnamon, Ocimum basilicum - 50 seeds avg
Basil holds up as a cut flower filler and adds the perfect touch to late summer and fall bouquets. A striking touch in landscapes, kitchen gardens, cutting gardens and containers that will produce all season when harvested weekly.
- Sun to part sun.
- Summer annual
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Plant after last danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm, typically a couple weeks past last frost date.
- Cover seed lightly.
- 5-10 days to germinate
- Harvest for bouquets as the flower heads begin to develop.
- Harvest stems at the base of the stem for a whole season of re-growth.
- This will produce multiple new sprouts from the base of the plant that will produce more strong stems for fresh weekly harvests.
- Remember that herbs need to be harvested on a regular basis to keep the plant fresh and growing.
- Treat basil stems harvested for bouquets as cut flowers and plunge into clean water with flower food added for maximum vase life.
- Basil stems do not like refrigeration.