Larkspur, Delphinium consolida - 100 or 400 seeds avg.
The beautiful stately spikes of Larkspur can stand over 4 feet tall in the garden. Hummingbirds, bees, and other pollinators are frequent visitors to this flower.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Planting seeds directly in the garden is preferred.
- Cover seed; allow 14-28 days to germinate.
- Thin seedlings once 5" tall to 9" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 36"-48".
- Winter hardy in zone 6 and south.
KEEP THE BLOOMS COMING:
- Harvest all stems at ground level.
- Harvest when the first flower on the bottom of the stem is open.
- Leave a few flower heads on the plants in the garden to encourage reseeding.