Sunflower 'Moulin Rouge', Helianthus - 25 seeds avg.
Known as the chocolate sunflower! This multi-branching plant will be covered with the beautiful 3-4" dark blooms. Flower heads develop into a taste treats for the birds who love the black oil sunflowers!
- Full sun.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start to transplant outdoor when 2-3 weeks old.
- Plant in the garden after the danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm.
- Cover seed; 5-14 days to germinate.
- This sunflower is pollenless which makes it an excellent cut flower.
- Great in beds and as a cut, attracts butterflies, birds and beneficial insects, drought tolerant.
- Harvest sunflowers when they are just beginning to open and the petals are unfolding. This prevents the pests from nibbling on the petals.
- Make the harvest cut at the end of the stem next to the main stalk.