Sweet William 'Electron', Dianthus barbatus, 100 seeds avg.
Puts on a long-lasting show in the garden and in bouquets making Sweet William a must-have for every spring garden.
- A cool-season hardy annuals that prefers full sun.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Transplants require a cold period, plant transplants mid-to-late summer.
- Do not cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows 18"-30" tall, space transplants 6" apart in the garden.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- For long-lasting cut flowers, harvest when 1/3 of the flowers are open.
Learn more about growing this group of flowers in Lisa's book Cool Flowers.
WC (verified owner) –
Could not get these to sprout.
Layne Angelo (store manager) –
So sorry to hear about the germination difficulties you experienced, Carol! We would love the opportunity to learn more about your seed starting setup and offer you some tips and tricks for starting sweet william seeds. You can reach us by emailing [email protected] or by calling our office Monday through Thursday (8am to 4pm) at 1-888-977-7159. Meanwhile, we will be sending you a replacement for these seeds. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, and happy growing!
Dawn Alexander-Halla (verified owner) –
Illinois, United States
Mirna B. (verified owner) –
Texas, United States
Jan (verified owner) –
Maryland, United States