In this special episode, Lisa speaks with Jonathan Leiss of Spring Forth Farm about three pitfalls related to cover cropping on the no-till farm:
1) planting cover crops without a plan to terminate them,
2) underestimating the amount of time needed to tarp a cover crop, and this not having beds ready when needed,
3) inadequate seed-to-soil contact when seeding.
Lisa and Jonathan commiserate about these common issues and offer strategies to avoid and overcome these challenges.
*SALE $129 (Reg $159)* On-Demand Online Course: The No-Till Micro-Scale Flower Farm
- 4 hours of video instruction, broken into short easy-to-digest segments
- access to a private student Facebook Group for ongoing instructor support
- a LIVE Q&A with Jonathan & Megan Leiss (via Zoom) on Feb 20th, 2023 at 8pm Eastern!
Book: Managing Cover Crops Profitably by SARE Outreach (Amazon affiliate link)
Cover Crop Seed & Supplies from The Gardener’s Workshop
Sign up to receive our weekly Farm News!
The Field and Garden Podcast is produced by Lisa Mason Ziegler, award-winning author of Vegetables Love Flowers and Cool Flowers, owner of The Gardener’s Workshop, Flower Farming School Online, and the publisher of Farmer-Florist School Online and Florist School Online. Watch Lisa’s Story and connect with Lisa on social media!