- From the Ground Up with Chris Mullins – Why do Vegetables Love Flowers?
The Urban Farm Podcast with Greg Peterson – 664: Growing Flowers to Love Your Veggies
Joe Gardener Show with Joe Lamp’l – Lisa talks cutting garden benefits on the
- The Flower Podcast – Flower Farming with Lisa
- Mother Earth News and Friends – Garden Planning for Food Preservation
- Slow Flowers with Debra Prizing – Catching up with Flower Farming Educator Lisa Ziegler
- The Urban Farm with Farmer Greg – Lisa Ziegler on Urban Farming with Flowers
- Mother Earth News with Charlotte Brunin – Vegetables Love Flowers
- Living Homegrown Podcast with Theresa Low –Companion Planting Veggies & Flowers
- Farm-A-Yard with host Linda Borghi – Vegetables Love Flowers
- The Gardenangelists – Granny’s Bonnets, Green Beans, and Great Books!
- SCA Farms with host Stefan – Featured: The Gardener’s Workshop with Lisa Mason Ziegler
- Johnnys Seeds – Vegetables Love Flowers
- Community Table / Parade.com – Vegetables Love Flowers
- Garden Weasel – How to Design a Gorgeous Cutting Garden
- Out Here Magazine / Tractor Supply Co. – Restored By Nature
- Washington Gardener Magazine – Vegetables Love Flowers Review Page 6
- Garden In Delight – Happy Summer Book Reading Book Review
- StarTribune – Want to Grow Better Veggies? Plant More Flowers
- Gardening Know How – Q&A with Lisa Ziegler
- Garden Weasel Feature – Pump up your Pollinators: How to Make Your Garden a Home, Sweet Home for these Beneficial Creatures
- Garden Therapy – Improve your Vegetable Yield by Planting Beautiful Blooms
Gardening Products Review.com, “Whether you are a gardener or just enjoy reading about the gardening adventures of others, this book is for you. I highly recommend it, and I have put many of the how-to’s to work in my own garden, especially the soil blocking and seed starting.” Click to read the full review.
Debra Prinzing of Slow Flowers, “Lisa wants to save the reader time and ensure success when they combine veggies with flowers.” Click to read the full review.
Watch Lisa and The Gardener’s Workshop:
- Video: From the Ground Up – Gifts for the Home Gardener featuring Chris Mullins and Lisa Ziegler
Listen to Lisa:
- Slow Flowers Podcast with Debra Prinzing: Growing Hardy Annuals with “Cool Flowers” author & flower farmer Lisa Mason Ziegler (Episode 159)
- Slow Flowers Podcast with Debra Prinzing: ASCFG #1 Getting Florists On-board with Lisa Mason Ziegler (Episode 165)
- The Master Gardener Hour with Kate Copsey.
- Organic Gardener Podcast with Jackie Beyer.
- Flowerland Hour with Rick Vuyst.
Read about Lisa and The Gardener’s Workshop:
- Learn Lisa Mason Ziegler’s secrets for growing hardy, cool-season annuals, Interview by Debra Prinzing
- Inviting Native Plant Border, courtesy of the Daily Press, March 20, 2016.
- ‘Cool Flowers’ and hardy annuals, by Denise Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County
- Planting Young Seeds, courtesy of the Daily Press, June 28, 2015.
- Cool Flowers, courtesy of the Daily Press, Nov. 2014
- Seed-Starting Secrets, courtesy of the Daily Press, March 2013.
- Lisa Ziegler on shade gardening with Hellebores, reprinted courtesy of the Daily Press Feb. 2013.
- “Lisa Ziegler and Historic Garden Week”, reprinted courtesy of Daily Press, March 2013.
- “Reap garden rewards with fall planting”, Eagle Tribune, North Andover, Maine.
- Lisa shares the best kept secret in gardening, fall planting for spring blooms.“Sow flower seeds now for colorful spring”, October 2012.
- Lisa’s cut-flower farm is on the Newport News Historic Garden Week Tour April 2012. “Flourishing Flowers”, Daily Press April 2012.
- Lisa is living her dream, flower farming. “Cut-flower farmer keeps it local and colorful”, Daily Press February 2012.
- Lisa’s book “The Easy Cut-Flower Garden” hits newspaper across the country. “Crafting a cut-flower garden”, Daily Press June 2011.
- Country Garden’s Magazine Article “Bouquets every day”, Summer 2009
- Williamsburg Living Magazine “Grow Your Own Bouquets”, January 2008
- Daily Press article “Making the Cuts”, Grow a flower shop in a small space in your backyard and take your pick to create fresh arrangements.
- “Forget the Pampered Chef and Tupperware, the Gardener’s Workshop is growing in popularity!”, Daily Press July 2006
- Our Future “Cultivating Knowledge”, Daily Press February 2005
- Our Past “Business is Bloomin”, Daily Press June 2003
- “Growing Flowers That Are a Cut Above the Rest”, Chicago Tribune, July 2003
- “Business Blooms in 1-Acre Garden”, Knight Ridder Tribune
- “Cash Crop”, Montana Life, August 2003
- “A Gardener Finds Riches Greater Than Wealth in Her Flowers”, The Washington Post, October 2003