Carnation, Chabaud Mix, Dianthus caryophyllus, 50 seeds avg.
A mix of heirloom fragrant blooms in pinks, white, reds, and yellow.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun and cool air temperatures.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Do not cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows 18"-22" tall, space transplants 6" apart in the garden.
- Winter hardy in zone 8 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- For long-lasting cut flowers, harvest when flower is 1/3 open.