Ornamental Kale, ‘Crane Red’ (F1), Brassica oleracea, 50 seeds avg.
Rich purple-red centers pop against dark purple-green outer leaves. An excellent cut flower with long, strong stems.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 10-14 days to germinate.
- Space plants 3-6” apart in the garden for cutting and 12” apart for landscape use.
- Grows to 24-36” tall.
- 90-110 days to maturity.
- Winter hardy to zone 7.
- Stems can be harvested at any point during development, with frost intensifying coloring.
- Occasionally, side shoots may develop and turn into usable stems after central stem has been harvested.