Bachelor Buttons 'Boy Mix', Centaurea - 100 seeds avg.
One of the earliest flowers to bloom in our garden.
- Cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Planting seeds directly in the garden is preferred.
- Cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Thin seedlings once 5" tall to 9" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 24"-36".
- Winter hardy in zone 6 and south.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Make the first cut of the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three leaves.
- Future cuts should be at stem base being harvested.
- Harvest as bloom open.
- Leave some flower heads on the plants in the garden to encourage reseeding.