Celosia 'Plume, Hi-Z', Celosia spicata - 50 seeds avg.
Hi-Z is one of our favorite celosias to grow. Its beautiful foliage is topped with hot magenta spike plumes that are thick and the plant just keeps on producing! Loves it hot and dry! Gorgeous green foliage with maroon veining topped with hot pink spikes!
- Full sun.
- 36" H.
- Summer annual.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Plant after last danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm, typically a couple weeks past the last frost date.
- Do not cover seed; 5-10 days to germinate.
- Pinch the plant to two sets of leaves when 12".
- Attracts butterflies, beneficial insects and birds, drought tolerant and a long-lasting great cut.
- Harvest flowers when the blooms are full and fresh but before they develop seed.
- Make the harvest cut at the base of the stem.
Laura Beach (verified owner) –
Pennsylvania, United States
Anonymous (verified owner) –