Love-in-a-Mist, Green Marbles, Nigella Damascene - 100 or 400 seeds avg.
An old-fashioned plant commonly found in cottage gardens. A delightful little flower with lacey, fernlike foliage.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Planting seeds directly in the garden is preferred.
- Cover seed; allow 14-21 days to germinate.
- Thin seedlings once 5" tall to 6" apart in the garden.
- Ht. 24".
- Winter hardy in zone 6 and south.
KEEP THE BLOOMS COMING:
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest three to four side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base.
- Nigella can be harvested from the moment the blooms are cracking open until the seed pod has developed.
Jan (verified owner) –
Maryland, United States
Angelina (verified owner) –
Virginia, United States
Kate Irwin (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Iowa, United States