Sweet William 'Amazon Rose', Dianthus x barbatus - 20 seeds avg.
Puts on a long-lasting show in the garden and in bouquets making Sweet William a must-have for every spring garden.
- A cool-season hardy annuals that prefers full sun.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Do not cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Space transplants 9" apart in the garden.
- Grows 18"-30" tall.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- For long-lasting cut flowers, harvest when 1/3 of the flowers are open.
Sheri Hovey (verified owner) –
North Carolina, United States
Maureen B. Cullinan (verified owner) –
Only 8 seeds germinated out of the 20 seeds in the packet. All the seeds were treated the same way. The ones that germinated look wonderful and I am excited to put them in the garden. It is a little disappointing to have so few.
The sweet pea seeds did super.