Zinnia, ‘Benary’s Giants Pink’, Zinnia elegans, 50 or 200 seeds avg
Benary’s Giant Zinnias are the most widely grown cut flower because of their huge gorgeous blooms! These large 4-6″ blooms are easy to grow!
Be sure to read ‘Growing Great Zinnias’ by Lisa Mason Ziegler.
- Full sun.
- 36″ H.
- Summer annual.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Start seeds indoors to transplant to the garden when 2-3 weeks old or plant seeds directly in the garden after last danger of frost.
- Cover seed.
- 3-5 days to germinate.
- Pinch plants at 12” for branching and space plants 6-9” apart.
- Harvest the blooms when fully mature.
- Make the first harvest cut above the bottom two side shoots, this establishes a branching habit for the season.
- Make future cuts at the base of the stem.
meghan Scott (verified owner) –
Texas, United States
Tina W. (verified owner) –
Florida, United States
Look forward to seeing them bloom!
Joanna Kirby (verified owner) –
Kentucky, United States
Lori W. (verified owner) –
North Carolina, United States