Zinnia, Queen Lemon Peach, Zinnia elegans - 25 or 100 seeds avg
Rosy pink centers and lemon yellow petals which fade to a soft peach shade make this unique zinnia a must for bouquets. Most are fully double or semi-double blooms, with a few singles.
Be sure to read ‘Growing Great Zinnias’ by Lisa Mason Ziegler.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seed with ¼” of soil; allow 2-7 days to germinate.
- Space plants 9-12” apart in the garden, grows to 28” tall.
- Pinch when 8" tall to establish a more robust branching plant.
- 75-90 days to bloom.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Harvest blooms for cut flowers just as the little yellow flowers (stamens) develop in the center.
- Make the harvest cut at the base of the stem.
Karen B. (verified owner) –
Washington, United States
Kerri C. (verified owner) –
Rhode Island, United States
Tami Bator (verified owner) –
Illinois, United States
Pamela Carpenter (verified owner) –
Ohio, United States
Great germination. First year to raise.