In this Clubhouse chat, Lisa talks about flower harvesting, covering common mistakes and questions such as:
- Best placement for a cutting garden
- Bucket selection and washing
- Days and times to harvest
- Optimum harvest stage and avoiding the “old milk cycle”
- Post-harvest resting
- Knowing how to store the different flowers you grow
- Tips for harvesting around netting and netting installation tips
We hope you enjoy this chat and find some useful harvesting tips!
Links & Mentions
Book: Vegetables Love Flowers
Get the TGW Live Shopping Show App
Recommended Harvesting & Conditioning Products: Shears, CVBN Tablets, Quick Dip
Join TGW’s Facebook Group: The Flower Farmer Show
Sign up to receive our weekly Farm News!
Are you on the Clubhouse phone app? Join Lisa’s club, called Flower Farming, to be notified when she schedules new chats! Our prior chats are stored there too, as Replays, that you can listen to anytime inside the app.
The Field and Garden Podcast is produced by Lisa Mason Ziegler, award-winning author of Vegetables Love Flowers and Cool Flowers, owner of The Gardener’s Workshop, Flower Farming School Online, and the publisher of Farmer-Florist School Online and Florist School Online. Watch Lisa’s Story and connect with Lisa on social media!