Amaranth ‘Velvet Curtains’, Amaranthus cruentus, 100 seeds avg.
Upright amaranth with crimson-purple plumes and deep purple-red foliage. A beautiful, textural bouquet filler. Excellent for fresh or dried use.
- A warm-season tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Lightly cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 2-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 6” apart in the garden.
- Grows to 48-60” tall.
- Pinch when 12" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 65-75 days to bloom.
- Harvest when ½ to ¾ of the flowers on a plume are open.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem. Hang to dry.