Basil, Purple Ruffles, Ocimum basilicum - 100 seeds avg
This dark red ruffled basil adds beautiful color and fragrance to bouquets.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Lightly cover seed with 1/8” of soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 8-12” apart in the garden, grows to 30” tall.
- Pinch when 8" tall to establish a more robust branching plant.
- 85-100 days to bloom.
- Basil makes an excellent cut flower when harvested just as the flowers begin to open.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem to encourage regrowth.