Black-Eyed Susan ‘Cherokee Sunset’, Rudbeckia hirta, 50 seeds avg.
Large, mostly double blooms in a range of rich sunset tones, including golden yellow, rusty orange, chocolatey bronze, and beautiful bicolor combinations.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Space plants 6-12″ apart. Do not cover seed with soil. Allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows to 24-48″ tall.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
- Rudbeckia stems grow from a cluster at the base of the plant.
- To encourage more stems to develop, make harvest cuts at the base, two to three inches above ground level.
- For the brightest and freshest cut flowers, harvest just after petals have unfolded.