Celosia, Cockscomb, Supercrest Mix, Celosia cristata - 100 seeds avg.
Masses of fan-shaped blooms in a rainbow of shades, ranging from reds, pinks, and oranges to yellows and greens. Plants love it hot and dry, and blooms make fantastic fresh or dried cut flowers.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden. Do not cover seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 8-12” apart in the garden.
- Grows to 48” tall.
- Pinch when 10" tall to establish a more robust branching plant.
- 90-120 days to bloom.
- Harvest blooms when mature for fresh and dried use.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.
- Hang to dry.