Chives ‘Dolores’, Allium schoenoprasum, 100 seeds avg.
Fine, slender, deep green leaves add a gourmet touch to any meal. Plants are highly uniform and have an upright habit. Open-pollinated.
- A perennial herb that prefers full sun to part shade.
- Sow seeds directly in the garden or start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before planting date.
- Sow seeds ¼” deep and cover with soil.
- Allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Plant in clusters with 2-4 seedlings per cluster.
- Space clusters 2-8” apart in rows 18” apart.
- Grows to 12-18” tall.
- 75-85 days to maturity from seeding date.
- Winter hardy to zone 3.
- Once plants are well established, harvest individual leaves by cutting at ground level.
- For best results, divide mature clumps of chives every 3-4 years.