Hyacinth Bean Ruby Moon Vine, Dolichos lablab, 10 seeds avg.
An heirloom vine that provides color all season. Has purple stems, beautiful sweet pea-like blooms followed by 2"-3" magenta beans. Bees and hummingbirds love it! Entirely edible; used in Asian, Thai, and Indian cooking.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun
- Plant after danger of frost and once soil has warmed
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, covering seed with soil
- Allow 5-10 days to germinate
- Needs a supportive structure
- 110-120 days to bloom
- Vine 8-10 ft
- Remove spent blooms and bean pods to encourage continued blooming