Lettuce, ‘Allstar Gourmet Lettuce Mix’, Lactuca sativa, 500 seeds avg.
A beautiful mixture of colors, flavors, and textures, perfect for harvesting at the baby-leaf stage for salads. Open-pollinated.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Tolerates light shade.
- Sowing seeds directly in the garden is recommended for baby-leaf production.
- Sow 4-6 seeds per inch in rows at least 2” apart.
- Sow seeds ⅛” deep, lightly covering with soil. Allow 5-14 days to germinate.
- Lettuce prefers cooler weather and germinates poorly in temperatures above 75℉.
- In cool weather, around 28 days to maturity.
- Days to maturity will decrease as weather warms.
- Harvest leaves once they are 3-4” long, or once they reach the desired size.
- Sow successions every 2-3 weeks for a steady supply.