Beet ‘Red Ace’ (F1), Beta vulgaris, 200 seeds avg.
A round, red beet that is sweet, tender, reliable, and fast to mature. Hybrid.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Sow seeds directly in the garden or start seeds indoors 5-6 weeks before planting date.
- Sow seeds ½” deep and cover with soil.
- Allow around 5 days to germinate.
- Space plants 3” apart in rows 12-18” apart.
- Cooler temperatures generally result in the best color.
- Around 50 days to maturity from direct sowing date or 29-36 days to maturity from transplant date.
- Harvest promptly once the beets have reached the desired size.
- Sow successions every 2-3 weeks for a steady supply.