Blocker – Large
Perfect for planting larger seeds like squash & sunflowers
Check out our Seed Starting Course!
Large Soil Blocker
Soil blocking is a simple and easy way to start seeds in a home setting. The Large Blocker is perfect for planting those larger seeds like squash and sunflowers. There are no pots or trays to store or purchase each year. We use trays with no drainage holes so it can be done anywhere indoors. We find that the seedlings are healthier, grow quicker and in general hit the ground running and suffer no transplant shock. Here is what customers are saying about how soil blocking has changed their seed starting experience.
Soil Blocking Facts:
- The large soil blocker makes one set of four 2” blocks.
- We use this size blocker for larger size seeds such as sunflowers, sweet peas, beans, zucchini, and the like.
- The large soil blocker can be equipped with cube inserts that allow you to move a seedling growing in a 3/4” soil block into the larger soil block to continue its growth. Inserts sold separately. Inserts
- Easy to use and makes an indention for seed sowing
- Eliminates transplant shock
- High rate of germination
- Earlier blooming and fruiting
- Environmentally friendly
- Robust zinc plated steel construction
- Space efficient, inexpensive and maintenance-free
- We use this size blocker 95% of the time in starting flower, herb, and vegetable seeds
- 2 sets of twenty blocks fit on a 5" x 7" tray or 3 sets of twenty on a 5" x 10" tray
- For best results use our Certified Organic Soil Blocking Mix or make your own: Homemade Blocking Mix Recipe
- Blockers come with written how-to instructions. Soil Blocking Instructions
- Made in England
Click here for more soil blocking tips and videos.