Sunflower ‘Goldy Double’, Helianthus annuus, 50 & 200 seeds avg.
A branching sunflower with fully double 5-7” blooms. Rich golden-yellow petals with light yellow-green disks. Minimal pollen.
- A warm-season tender annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant outdoors after danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 12-18” apart in the garden.
- Grows to 60-72” tall.
- Pinch when 12" tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 85-95 days to bloom.
- Harvest just as the blooms begin to crack open.
- They will continue to open indoors free from pests and the drying sun.
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.