Sweet William, Sweet Black Cherry, Dianthus x barbatus - 50 seeds avg.
Large deep cherry red blooms on strong-stemmed plants. Puts on a long-lasting show in the garden and in bouquets, making Sweet William a must-have for every spring garden. No cold period required.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date. Do not cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows 18"-24" tall, space transplants 9" apart in the garden.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
Keep the Blooms Coming:
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- For long-lasting cut flowers, harvest when 1/3 of the flowers are open
Mirna B. (verified owner) –
Texas, United States
Anonymous (verified owner) –
In the soil blocks right now – hope it’s great!
Jan (verified owner) –
Maryland, United States
Marla Jones (verified owner) –
Tennessee, United States