Arugula ‘Astro’, Eruca sativa, 500 seeds avg.
Arugula adds a delightful peppery flavor to salads, sandwiches, and other dishes. Also known as rocket. Open-pollinated.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun to part shade.
- Sowing seeds directly in the garden is recommended.
- Sow 5 seeds per inch in rows at least 2” apart.
- Sow seeds ⅛” deep, lightly covering with soil.
- Allow 4-10 days to germinate.
- 21 days to maturity for baby leaves.
- 38 days to maturity for full-size leaves.
- Harvest leaves once they are 3-6” long, or once they reach the desired size.
- Sow successions every 2 weeks for a steady supply.