Carrot ‘Yellowstone’, Daucus carota var. sativus, 500 seeds avg.
Deep yellow carrots with 6-8” long roots. Beautiful and delicious. Open-pollinated.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Sowing seeds directly in the garden is recommended.
- Ensure that soil is well-drained, fertile, and loose for the smoothest and straightest roots.
- Sow ¾-1” apart in rows 16-24” apart.
- Sow seeds ¼-½” deep and cover with soil.
- Maintain surface moisture and allow 7-21 days to germinate.
- Thin seedlings to ¾-2” apart, depending on the desired root size.
- 73 days to maturity.
- Harvest carrots once they have reached the desired root size.
- The optimum harvest period generally lasts around 3 weeks but may be longer in cooler weather.
- Sow successions every 3 weeks for a steady supply.